We take the perfected geometry matrix of the Shonky and give it a Kona Cromoly frame and spec package specifically tailored for all you shredders—and parents of shredders—on a budget. The 2013 Downside features a new integrated Taperlock dropout system that keeps the wheel from sliding forward on hard impacts. Overall, it’s a mega-tough, ultra-durable, wicked-performing dirt jumper. Because at Kona, we believe everyone should be free to fly. You’re welcome.
- Kona Cromoly Butted jump frame with Spanish BB
- New Tektro HDC300 hydraulic rear brake with 160mm rear rotor
- New Taperlock dropouts for wheels that won’t move after hard landings
- Kona Pivotal bolt-thru saddle and post
- Maxxis Holy Roller 26×2.4 tires